In the 1980s, a cultural image became popular of young and hip adults snorting cocaine through hundred-dollar bills while partying the night away at big city clubs; this impression of cocaine usage remains today. However, the reality is not as glamorous as depicted in cinema. In 2018, 1.9 million American adults reported using cocaine, and between 2012 and 2018, the number of deaths that involved cocaine tripled. If you think that you or someone you love has become addicted to cocaine, it’s essential that you can identify the effects and signs of addiction and eventually get help. New Hope Ranch offers quality cocaine addiction treatment near Austin, TX. Contact us today.
Cocaine Addiction Treatment Near Austin, Tx
Effects and Signs of Cocaine Addiction
If you or someone you love is abusing cocaine, there are signs of usage as well as effects on the body and personal relationships. Here are some things to look out for:
- Paranoid behavior or the feeling of always being watched
- Extreme mood swings, from euphoria to anger and depression
- Stealing cash and valuables from family, friends and strangers
- Intense periods of hyperactivity
- Loss of appetite and weight loss
- Nosebleeds and frequent sniffles from snorting cocaine
- Visible track marks or needle scars from injecting cocaine
- Inability to focus on work, school and other tasks
- Loss of smell
- Inability to sleep or maintain regular sleep patterns
- Legal issues, such as a DUI
When looking through this list, did some or all of these signs ring true for you or someone you know? Cocaine addiction takes a physical toll and can lead to serious health issues, such as heart disease and brain damage, and in extreme cases, cocaine usage can lead to death by cocaine overdose. The use of needles when injecting cocaine can lead to an HIV infection or hepatitis C from dirty needles used by others. This addiction not only impacts the user negatively but can also damage close relationships.
Find Cocaine Addiction Treatment Near Austin, TX
If you’re struggling with frequent cocaine usage and want to stop, you can find help and hope. You can get the treatment that ultimately puts your addiction in the past. At New Hope Ranch right outside Austin, we understand the difficulties you must tackle to beat your addiction, and we tailor a program to your personal needs to help you become successful. Contact us today about our cocaine addiction treatment near Austin, TX.